OSU Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- To read memorial write-ups please click on Jim Blair, Frank Leach or George Waller
- 2015-2016 – Congratulations to Dr. James E. Kennamer for being awarded DASNR’s 2015 Distinguished Alumni Award. Dr. Kennamer is an OSU alumni in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.
Oct 03, 2014 - Congrats to our Niblack Research Scholars. Four Biochemistry and Molecular Biology students have been awarded as Niblack Research Scholars for academic year 2014-2015.
Julia Matera, Will Shaffer, Ashley Simenson, and Casey Landis from the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology have been awarded as Niblack Research Scholars. See their videos here.
- We have an incredible new program - the Life Science Freshman Research Scholars program. It is designed to help students identify a research project, establish a research connection with an OSU faculty member, and participate in a research project. First-semester freshmen majoring in Biochemistry or Microbiology may apply to the program. For more information, click here. You can download the application here.
- The great Professor Finn Wold earned his Master's in Chemistry at OSU and has recently had an endowment account set up in his and his family's name in our department, click here.
The funds generated by this endowment are available to the department head to support departmental citizens. If you are able to give to this or other Biochemistry and Molecular Biology foundation accounts, please click here.
Four high school interns worked in the Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Department at OSU during the Summer 2014. Iain Kirschke, Cameron Jackson, Anna Hubbard and Hudson Hamon.
- Iain and Cameron worked in the laboratory of Dr. Rita Miller.
- Dr. Don Ruhl and Judy Hall mentored Anna.
Pictured are Iain Kirschke (far left), Cameron Jackson, Dr. Don Ruhl, Dr. John Gustafson (Dept Head), Anna Hubbard, Dr. Judy Hall, and Dr. Rita Miller (far right).
Not pictured are Hudson Hamon and his mentor Dr. Raman Sunkar.
- Dr. Rakesh Kaundal and a group of faculty leaders won the FIRST PRIZE in the 2013 OSU President's Cup for his work on the iCREST Interdisciplinary Program in Bioinformatics.
- 2013 BMB Newsletter
The Daily O'Collegian, September 21, 2012: 2012 BMBGA Symposium.
- PVEN (Plant Virus Ecology Network):
International PVEN Workshop